Curriculum VitaeCurrent curriculum vitae and list of projects I have worked on.
Anthony Nigel Dean
Senior Network Operations Engineer
BT, Swindon, UK
Senior Network Operations Engineer
BT, Swindon, UK
08/2017 - Present
Senior Network Security Engineer
Capita, Chippenham, UK
05/2014 - 08/2017
Senior Systems Consultant
JMC IT, Manchester, UK
05/2006 - 05/2014
Responsible for design, implementation, support and security of the wireless, wired and voice networks for both JMC internal and clients networks.
My main role was to design and implement Cisco converged voice and data solutions and the integration of Cisco, Microsoft and legacy applications. My main focus was in the areas of network infrastructure both LAN and WAN, network security and voice applications from the planning to support stages.
I also helped with the technical approval process for new products and solutions used by JMC interanally and for clients.
Senior Network Engineer
Tristar Communications, Pompano Beach, FL, USA
03/2005 - 05/2006
Responsible for the design, management and integration of the wireless, wireline and VoIP networks, as well as manage the corporate intranet (VPN, Firewall, Exchange Mail, Active Directory, etc).
A large part of my role was to create VoIP accounts with voice services (Voicemail, Caller-ID, Call Forwarding, etc) and integrate them with either the clients legacy phone system or design and implement a new VoIP based system.
I was also responsible for managing the routing of SIP/H.323 calls and the overall routing of the LAN and WAN corporate network. This included management of BGP, ADSL, PPP, frame replay and gigabit fibre.
Network Security Specialist
Synergy Communications, Raleigh, NC, USA
09/2002 - 03/2005
Responsible for the IT infrastructure of the company, design and implementation of company policy relating to IT and head design specialist for IT contracts won by Synergy.
One of my recent roles was to design a VoIP network from the ground up, that Synergy could use as a service to its clients; from the initial design stage to full rollout plan. This plan required extensive research into the roles of VoIP, hosting, design and security within businesses today and how Synergy could provide the best services to its clients.
Network Security Specialist
Ajilon, Raleigh, NC, USA
09/2001 - 09/2002
Responsible for the creation of a tool using VB.Net to collate data returned from security scanning tools and then produce concise security reports so the incident response team could negate the vulneraability or rouge service found. This tool used XML data from various network security programs and entered them into an SQL database. It also allowed the user to quickly view the major vulnerabilities of the network and compare them to security bulletins posted on security websites. Reporting was possible via crystal reports section of the application.
I was tasked to help assess the Department of Transportation for the State of North Carolina network and to design and implement an appropriate security policy for them to use to protect the network, due to the large scale of the network the above tool was used to collate and report on the data returned from scanning tools, this report would then be used by the CTO or CIO equivalent staff to enact network security policy.
Senior Network Solutions Engineer
Fusion Wireless, Boca Raton, FL, USA
04/2000 - 09/2001
Designed, implemented and managed the wireless and wireline networks integrating products from Lucent, Alcatel, Breezecom, Digital Stratus and Adaptive Broadband.
Primary role was to design and support corporate policy for network design, IP assignment and BGPv4 routing, hosting and client managed information services, I worked on the corporate VPN and firewall linking five offices spanning the United States of America, Canada and Panama.
Secondary role was to desig, implement and support the corporate network mangement system and trouble reporting system, utilizing HP Openview and other SNMP based applications to monitor and manage the corporate WAN and to ensure it adhered to the customer service level agreements (SLA).
I was network operations manager, successfully managing ten staff members, client problems and complaints, implemented corporate policy for IP assignment, which included co-ordination with ARIN. I was also lead designer for RF network design in 2.4Ghz, 5.8GHz and 6GHz ranges used.
Network Operations Manager
Quest Net Corp, Miami, FL, USA
01/1997 - 04/2000
Designed, implemented and managed the wireless, wireline and LAN integrating products from Cisco, Bay Networks, Nortel, BReezecom, Sun Microsystems and Microsoft.
Primary role was to design and support the corporate network, both WAN and LAN which included IP assignment, BGPv4 routing, hosting, client managed information services and the corporate extranet.
Clinical Audit Assistant
Priority Healthcare Wearside, Sunderland, UK
01/1996 - 09/1997
Designed and developed a clinical audit database in access, that tracked patient care statistics using barcode readers. Maintained clinical audit plans and data warehousing. Designed, implemented and supported the department ethernet LAN. Assisted in developing corporate IT strategic plan. Provided end user PC based training.
Loss Prevention Assistant
Francis Clarke, Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK
09/1995 - 01/1996
Provided loss prevention services, and assisted with client daily reporting and inventory control.
University of Northumbria, Morpeth, UK
01/1995 - 09/1995
Provided training and support for Microsoft Windows, Office and Lotus Notes.
I have over 26 years of experience with many different products and protocols related to networking in data, securty, wireless and voice sectors for use with sales, installation and support in small business to large enterprise, including:
- Network Protocols: Ethernet, Frame Relay, PPP, ADSL, VDSL, PPPoA, PPPoE, ATM, ISDN, SNMP, BGPv4, BGPv6, OSPF, OSPFng, RIP, RIPng, IPv4, IPv6, MPLS, VLAN, Private VLAN, Trunking, VPN, IPsec, L2TP, GRE, Radius, TACAC+, SMTP, POP3, IMAP, DNS, SSL, TLS, UDP, Firewall, IP Security, Encryption, Content Filtering, Traffic Shaping, Quality of Service (QoS), Policy Based Routing, Network Optimization, Network Fault Tolerance, Network Intrusion Prevention, SIP, H.323, SCCP, VoIP, Call Routing, Call Access Controll, Class Of Restriction, CAPWAPP, LWAPP.
- Windows Products: Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange, OCS, Lync, Internet Security and Acceleration Server (ISA), Internet Information Server (IIS), MSSQL, Threat Management Gateway (TMG), Network Access Protection (NAP).
- Cisco Products: Routers, Switches, Voice and Wireless (Small Business to Large Enterprise), IOS, ASA, PIX, Network Access Control (NAC), Call Manager Express (CME), Call Manager (UCCM), Call Centre Express (UCCE), Unity Express, Unified Presence, Attendant Console, AS5350 Voice Gateways, Nexus 7K/9K, ACI, AP, Wireless LAN Controller.
- Other Products: Riverbed Switches, Riverbed Steelhead Traffic Shaper, Riverbed Network Data Broker, Asterisk, Linksys PAP2/SPA3102, AudioCodes SIP Gateway, Linux, Apache, Qmail, Sendmail, OpenSER, Trango Broadband Wireless AP/SU, Solaris, Lucent, Oracle, Checkpoint Firewall-1, Checkpoint Floodguard, Juniper SRX, McAfee Sidewinder, MySQL.
- Cisco CCNA: 412303907631BOZJ - November 2015
- Cisco CCNP: 412314171851GKAL - November 2015
- Cisco ID: CSCO11062181
- SonicWall CSSA: 781F-EBD5-923F-44AC - April 2013
- SonicWall CSSP: D881-D239-B232-425F - June 2013
- B.Sc. Physics: University of Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK
- Level 2 Information Technology Training Diploma: University of Northumbria, UK
- Level 3 Information Technology Training Diploma: University of Northumbria, UK
- A Level Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics: Ashington High School, UK
- 8 GCSE Including English & Mathematics: Ashington High School, UK